30 Aug Integrace Institute and Gilchrist Annual Life Transitions Seminar
Life Transitions – Mindful Contemplation and cultural empathy during end-of-life.
This annual interactive and practical seminar equips healthcare professionals with the tools for a more contemplative and mindful approach to the process of end of life care. Learn how to navigate self-reflection, empathy and cultural diversity in order to become more effective care practitioners who are comfortable with end of life transitions in your work.
This course is designed for healthcare professionals in hospice, long term care, assisted living or community settings that provide support and care to elders and individuals with chronic conditions.
- Thursday, Sept. 27, 2018 – 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- The Meeting House – 5885 Robert Oliver Place, Columbia, MD 21045
- Registration Fee – $95.
- Continuing education available for social workers and long term care administrators
WHY ATTEND: You will gain:
- A deeper understanding of a mindful and contemplative approach to presence at the end of life that is shaped by our own assumptions and perceptions
- A framework and toolkit to navigate the intersection of personal beliefs, patient wishes, family expectations and regulation constraints on care
- An increase in practical knowledge to compassionately experience the end of life process with patients and families
- Fatima Naqvi, MD, CMD – Medical Director, Integrace, Copper Ridge, Fairhaven, and Buckingham’s Choice
- The Rev. Ann Boyd, PhD – Professor of Biology, Hood College
- The Rev. Donald Hohne, M.Div., BCC, PCC – Clinical Specialist, Spiritual Care, Chaplain, Gilchrist Kids, Gilchrist Hospice Care