07 Feb Cognitive Wellness Series for Caregivers & Professionals
Join us on the second Wednesday of each month for free CEU and breakfast lectures (1 hour of continuing education credit available per session for social workers).
These events take place at Integrace Copper Ridge and begin at 8 a.m. with a continental breakfast and conversation. Lectures begin at 8:30 a.m. and go until 9:30 a.m.
Click here to view the event flyer.
Research updates from the Alzheimer’s Association International Conference (AAIC) in Chicago 2018.
Tabassum Majid, PhD Executive Director, The Integrace Institute
• To understand and identify recent advances in research
• To apply findings to daily care of older adults
Normal Aging vs. Aging with Dementia
Dr. David Loreck, MD Interim Physician, Proxmire Neurocognitive Clinic
• Describe changes in memory and cognition associated with aging
• Identify differences between memory changes in normal aging and dementia
• Describe factors which make the distinction between normal aging and dementia difficult
Physical Activity and Cognitive Health
Adam Decker Senior Director of Health and Fitness, Integrace
• Benefits of physical activity on cognitive health related chronic conditions • Types of exercise most beneficial to cognitive health
• Overview of ways to incorporate fitness into everyday life